Limitations by Applicable Law
CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF YOU RESIDE IN SUCH A JURISDICTION, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF WARRANTIES, REMEDIES OR LIABILITY CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS APPLY TO YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT SUCH LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS ARE PERMITTED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ARE LOCATED.
Chools Group may provide You with notices, including those regarding changes to Chools Group’s terms and conditions, by email, regular mail, or postings on the Chools Group Platform. Notice will be deemed given twenty-four hours after email is sent, unless Chools Group is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give You legal notice by mail to a postal address, if provided by You through the Chools Group Platform. In such case, notice will be deemed given three days after the date of mailing. Notice posted on the Chools Group Platform is deemed given ten days following the initial posting.
The failure of Chools Group to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of any provision of these Terms will be effective only if in writing and signed by Chools Group.
➤ Governing Law.
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms or Chools Group will be filed only in the state or federal courts in and for Santa Clara County, California, and You hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
If any provision of these Terms or any Guidelines is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated from these Terms to the minimum extent necessary and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
These Terms and related Guidelines, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by You, but may be assigned by Chools Group without restriction. Any assignment attempted to be made in violation of these Terms shall be void.
Upon termination of these Terms, any provision which, by its nature or express terms should survive, will survive such termination or expiration, including, but not limited to, sections 6-16.
The heading references herein are for convenience purposes only, do not constitute a part of these Terms, and will not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof.
➤ Entire Agreement.
These Terms (including all Guidelines and terms incorporated herein) are the entire agreement between You and Chools Group relating to the subject matter herein and will not be modified except in writing, signed by both parties, or by a change to these Terms or Guidelines made by Chools Group as set forth in section 4 above.
YOU AND CHOOLS GROUP AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE CHOOLS GROUP PLATFORM MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
The services are offered by Chools Group Inc., located at: Chools Group.com, 333 Bush Street, Suite 2400, San Francisco, CA 94104, and email: support@Chools Group.com. If You are a California resident, You may have this same information emailed to You by sending a letter to the foregoing address with Your email address and a request for this information.
➤ Gift Subscriptions.
Please refer to the Chools Group Gift Subscription Terms and Conditions.
Chools Group values the privacy of the users, subscribers, publishers, members, and others who visit and use the Chools Group Platform (collectively or individually, “You” or “Users”).
By using the Chools Group Platform, you expressly consent to the information handling practices described in this notice.
✔ The Information Chools Group Collects
✔ The Way Chools Group Uses Information
✔ When Chools Group Discloses Information
✔ Your Choices
✔ Third-Party Advertisers
✔ Data Security
✔ Children’s Privacy
✔ International Visitors
✔ In the Event of Merger or Sale
✔ Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice
✔ Chools Group Contact Information
➤ The Information Chools Group Collects
- User-provided Information: You may provide to Chools Group what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number) if you log in to the Chools Group Platform, or otherwise use the features and functionality of the Chools Group Platform. You may also provide other information to Chools Group, including your age, location, and gender, through use of its functionality and features, such as by creating a user profile.
- “Cookies” Information: When you access the Chools Group Platform, we or one of our advertising partners, may send one or more cookies – small text files that contain a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Chools Group may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Chools Group Platform. One type of persistent cookie that may be installed on your computer when you use Chools Group is called a “Flash cookie” or an “LSO.” Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. For more information on how to manage Flash cookies, you can go here. For more information about cookies and how they are used, you can go here.
“Automatically Collected” Information: When you access the Chools Group Platform or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using different types of tracking technology. This “automatically
collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), a unique device or user ID, version of software installed, system type, the referring search query used to locate content and pages on the Chools Group Platform, the content and pages that you access on the Chools Group Platform, the dates and times that you visit the Chools Group Platform, and information from your Facebook account that you make publicly available, which is provided to us by Facebook via the Facebook APIs
➤ The Way Chools Group Uses Information
- Chools Group uses the information that you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Chools Group Platform as well as to track user-generated content and Users to the extent necessary to comply as a service provider with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Chools Group may also use the information that you provide or that we collect to serve you with advertisements.
- We will use your email address, without further consent, for administrative communications such as notifying you of major Chools Group Platform updates, for customer service purposes, to address copyright infringement or defamation issues, or to contact you regarding any content that you have posted to or downloaded from the Chools Group Platform.
- Chools Group uses all of the information that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Chools Group Platform works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- Chools Group may use “Automatically Collected” information and “Cookies” information to: (a) automatically update the Chools Group application on your system; (b) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the Chools Group Platform; (c) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; (d) provide such metrics to Users as they pertain to such User’s uploaded content; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
➤ When Chools Group Discloses Information
- Chools Group does not share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your prior express consent, except that if you have provided us with an email address, hools Group may provide a hashed version of it to its advertising partners, RapLeaf, Bizo, and LiveRamp, to enable better targeted advertising where RapLeaf, Bizo, and LiveRamp already possesses your email address. If RapLeaf, Bizo, or LiveRamp do not already have your email address in their records, they cannot use the hashed version that we provide.
- Chools Group may disclose aggregated or other types of non-personally identifiable information to third parties for various purposes, including marketing or promotional uses. For example, Chools Group may disclose non-personally identifiable information to interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns on the the Chools Group Platform.
- Please be aware that any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to display on the Chools Group Platform – such as when you publish attribution credits for documents or profile information – becomes publicly available and may be collected and used by others without restriction.
- We may disclose User information to affiliated companies or other businesses or persons to: provide web site hosting, maintenance, and security services; fulfill orders; conduct data analysis and create reports; offer certain functionality; and assist Chools Group in improving the Chools Group Platform and creating new services features. We require that these parties process such information in compliance with this Privacy Notice, we authorize only a limited use of such information, and we require these parties to use reasonable confidentiality measures.
- Chools Group may disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant in the manner required by the requesting entity.
- Chools Group also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary: to take precautions against liability; to protect Chools Group from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Chools Group Platform; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Chools Group, our Users, or others.
- Chools Group shows aggregate geographical information about visitors on Chools Group document pages in our analytics section. This information includes the cities and countries of people viewing documents, the document which was viewed, and the time the document was viewed. This information is publicly available to all Chools Group users.
- Your Choices
You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with Chools Group, in which case Chools Group will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Chools Group Platform.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
Chools Group adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising, available. Our advertising partners, such as RapLeaf, Bizo and BlueKai, may use technology to provide advertisements that appear on the Chools Group Platform and to use data collected through the Chools Group Platform, as described above and in this section, to better target ads shown on Chools Group and other websites.
➤ OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
CHOOLS GROUP USES COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE PHYSICAL, MANAGERIAL, AND TECHNICAL SAFEGUARDS TO PRESERVE THE INTEGRITY AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. WE CANNOT, HOWEVER, ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO CHOOLS GROUP, AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. ONCE WE RECEIVE YOUR TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION, CHOOLS GROUP MAKES COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ENSURE THE SECURITY OF OUR SYSTEMS.HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT SUCH INFORMATION MAY NOT BE ACCESSED, DISCLOSED, ALTERED, OR DESTROYED BY BREACH OF ANY OF OUR PHYSICAL, TECHNICAL, OR MANAGERIAL SAFEGUARDS.
IF CHOOLS GROUP LEARNS OF A SECURITY SYSTEMS BREACH, SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE APPROPRIATE PROTECTIVE STEPS. CHOOLS GROUP MAY POST A NOTICE ON THE CHOOLS GROUP PLATFORM IF A SECURITY BREACH OCCURS. DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE, YOU MAY HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO RECEIVE NOTICE OF A SECURITY BREACH IN WRITING. TO RECEIVE A FREE
➤ OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE CHOOLS GROUP PLATFORM AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
PROTECTING THE PRIVACY OF YOUNG CHILDREN IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT. FOR THAT REASON, CHOOLS GROUP DOES NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT OR MAINTAIN PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION FROM PERSONS UNDER 13 YEARS-OF-AGE. IF CHOOLS GROUP LEARNS THAT PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OF PERSONS LESS THAN 13-YEARS-OF-AGE HAS BEEN COLLECTED ON OR THROUGH THE CHOOLS GROUP PLATFORM, THEN CHOOLS GROUP WILL TAKE THE APPROPRIATE STEPS TO DELETE THIS INFORMATION.
IF YOU ARE THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF A CHILD UNDER 13 WHO HAS BECOME CHOOLS GROUP PLATFORM MEMBER, THEN PLEASE CONTACT CHOOLS GROUP AT firstname.lastname@example.org TO HAVE THAT CHILD’S ACCOUNT TERMINATED AND INFORMATION DELETED.
THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME RESOURCES THAT MAY HELP PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS IN MONITORING AND LIMITING YOUR CHILDRENS’ ACCESS TO CERTAIN TYPES OF MATERIAL ON THE INTERNET. WHILE CHOOLS GROUP DOES NOT ENDORSE THESE PRODUCTS, WE PROVIDE INFORMATION ABOUT THEM AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO OUR COMMUNITY.
✔ “OnGuard Online,” maintained by the Federal Trade Commission.
✔ The Child Safety Network
✔ Control Kids
✔ Cyber Sitter
✔ Net Nanny
➤ INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
FOR USERS VISITING THE CHOOLS GROUP PLATFORM FROM THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA OR OTHER NON-U.S. TERRITORIES, PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY DATA YOU ENTER INTO THE CHOOLS GROUP PLATFORM WILL BE TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA OR SUCH OTHER NON-U.S. TERRITORY FOR USE BY CHOOLS GROUP AND ITS AFFILIATES FOR ANY OF THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED HEREIN.IN ADDITION, BECAUSE CHOOLS GROUP OPERATES GLOBALLY, WE MAY MAKE INFORMATION WE GATHER AVAILABLE TO WORLDWIDE BUSINESS UNITS AND AFFILIATES. BY PROVIDING ANY DATA ON THE CHOOLS GROUP PLATFORM, YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO SUCH TRANSFERS OF YOUR DATA TO THE UNITED STATES OR OTHER COUNTRIES.
➤ IN THE EVENT OF MERGER OR SALE
IN THE EVENT THAT CHOOLS GROUP IS ACQUIRED BY OR MERGED WITH A THIRD-PARTY ENTITY, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, IN ANY OF THESE CIRCUMSTANCES, TO TRANSFER OR ASSIGN THE INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE COLLECTED FROM USERS AS PART OF THAT MERGER, ACQUISITION, SALE, OR OTHER CHANGE OF CONTROL.
➤ CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
THIS PRIVACY NOTICE MAY BE REVISED PERIODICALLY WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE TO YOU AND THIS WILL BE REFLECTED BY A “LAST MODIFIED” DATE BELOW. PLEASE REVISIT THIS PAGE TO STAY AWARE OF ANY CHANGES. IN GENERAL, WE ONLY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THE MANNER DESCRIBED IN THE PRIVACY NOTICE IN EFFECT WHEN WE RECEIVED THAT PERSONAL INFORMATION.YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE CHOOLS GROUP PLATFORM CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND ANY FUTURE REVISIONS.
FOR REVISIONS TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE THAT MAY BE MATERIALLY LESS RESTRICTIVE ON OUR USE OR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO US, WE WILL MAKE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO NOTIFY YOU AND OBTAIN YOUR CONSENT BEFORE IMPLEMENTING REVISIONS WITH RESPECT TO SUCH INFORMATION.
➤ CHOOLS GROUP CONTACT INFORMATION
PLEASE CONTACT CHOOLS GROUP WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ABOUT THIS PRIVACY NOTICE, YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND OUR THIRD-PARTY DISCLOSURE PRACTICES OR YOUR CONSENT CHOICES AT: CHOOLS GROUP.COM, BY EMAIL: email@example.com WE WILL RESPOND TO YOUR INQUIRY WITHIN 30 DAYS OF ITS RECEIPT.