Total quality management (TQM) is a Strategy implemented to ensure continuous improvement and customer satisfaction. Your knowledge and skill in TQM enables you to effectively communicate, and lead the teams within your organization. You will use data, strategies and best practices to integrate quality in all the processes within the operations.
The course will provide an inclusive knowledge about
- Quality tools
And various methodologies and systems applied such as
- lean and six sigma
- Attaining Quality excellence awards.
This highly interactive course will help participants apply powerful quality tools used in leading organizations. The course will be conducted using interactive games and practices, role plays, case studies and simulations. The course will prepare participants for applying for a TQM professional certification.
- Realize the importance of quality models, understand, and apply the different quality concepts and frameworks.
- Understand TQM elements and acknowledge how, where and when to deploy them successfully.
- Understand TQM tools, bench marking and quality best practices and have the ability to apply them to improve customer satisfaction and processes within the organization.
- Apply lean, six sigma, problem solving data collection and root cause analysis techniques to drive TQM.
- Develop communication, leadership and presentation skills to assist in leading teams within the organization.
- Attaining CHOOLS Group TQM Certification through achieving 80% in the exam included in the course.
- TQM project simulation and case studies included.
- Material and Hand-outs with Soft Copy included.
- ASQ examination Fees not included.
Why Choose Chools?
• Top 100,000 Ebooks.
• 250,000 Management slides and presentations.
• 1 million excel templates.
• 60,000 business documents.
• 15,000 top books in abstract forms.
• 40,000 audio podcast.
• 550 audio library books.
• 50,000 video libraries.
• 1500 training courses.
• 2.6 million Journals and articles.
• 137 Lean Six Sigma toolkit.
• Leadership assessments.
• Quiz, Exam prep, Q&As, Case-studies.
TQM Concepts Overview
- Definition of quality and quality models
- History of quality
- What is TQM?
- TQM critical success factors
- The relationship between ISO 9000 and TQM
- Benefits of implementing a quality model
- The cost of poor quality
- The guru’s comparison (Deming, Crosby, Juran, etc.)
- National quality awards:
The Malcolm Baldrige national quality award
EFQM, Dubai Quality Award and HH Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award
- Selecting the right model for your organization
- The quality maturity ladder
TQM elements and effective deployment
- Customer driven quality
- Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) model
- Eight step problem solving methodology
- Process thinking
- Eliminating the non-value added
- Management by facts and data
- Continual improvement and Kaizen
- Enhanced employee participation and decision making through idea generating systems
- Employee reward and recognition
Benchmarking tools for enhancing operations and Quality
- What is benchmarking? Why benchmark?
- Levels of benchmarking
- Pros and cons of different benchmarking approaches
Continuous Improvement methodologies
- The eight steps to achieve improvement
- Critical success factors and common failure factors in TQM
Improvement Tools, best practices and strategies
- What is a quality tool?
- The seven quality control tools
- Cause and effect diagram, check sheet, control charts, histogram, Pareto chart, scatter diagram, stratification
- Tree diagrams: how-how and why-why diagrams
- Force field analysis
- Affinity diagrams
- Process mapping: ‘the turtle’
- Poka yoke
- Lean thinking
- The seven types of waste in organizations
- Visual management and 5S program
- Six Sigma