For the procurement function to be able to drive profitable win-win agreements that result in the organization’s productivity and growth, they should be skilled in negotiation. The course will display the different modern negotiation skills and strategies, the weak and string points for both the buyer and the suppliers in various situations, complex and simple. The course will display case studies, team exercises and interactive environments
Who Can Enroll:
- Suitable for procurement and supply chain professionals, procurement executives, managers and supervisors.
- Certificate attained if participant achieve 80% in CHOOLs course exam.
- Course Material and handouts are provided.
- Course could be customized to businesses and LOGO added to presentations.
- Develop effective negotiation strategies to meet the purchasing needs of the organization
- Implement those strategies to maximize purchasing value
- Discover the appropriate negotiation style for each situation
- Explain how to handle and deal with complex negotiation situations
- Identify supplier strong points and buyer strong points
Why Choose Chools?
• Top 100,000 Ebooks.
• 250,000 Management slides and presentations.
• 1 million excel templates.
• 60,000 business documents.
• 15,000 top books in abstract forms.
• 40,000 audio podcast.
• 550 audio library books.
• 50,000 video libraries.
• 1500 training courses.
• 2.6 million Journals and articles.
• 137 Lean Six Sigma toolkit.
• Leadership assessments.
• Quiz, Exam prep, Q&As, Case-studies.
- Developing buyer needs and requirements
- Understanding the buyer position
- Understanding the supplier position
- The number of suppliers in the market
- Economic analysis of the market
- Forming a pre-negotiation checklist
- Forming the negotiation strategy
- Forming the purchasing negotiation team
- Proper planning and preparation
Implementing the negotiation strategy
- Making the purchasing plan operational
- The best time to negotiate
- Time is power in purchasing and negotiation
- Information is power in purchasing and negotiation
- The other types of power in negotiation
- The best place to negotiate
- Understanding supplier expectations
- The 80/20 rule of negotiation
Developing a negotiating style
- Attributes of a good negotiator
- Developing those attributes by the buyer
- Expressing your purchasing needs effectively
- Knowing your products and commodities
- Knowing the supplier products and services
- Active listening techniques
- Types of questioning styles
- Preparing the right list of questions
Dealing with complex negotiations
- Sole source suppliers
- Single source suppliers
- Win/Win meets Win/Lose
- Win/Win meets Lose/Lose
- Backdoor buying tactics
- Controlling emotions during a negotiation
- Friends and relatives as suppliers
- Ethical behavior and negotiation
Preparing and conducting individual and team negotiations
- Practical role plays
- Playing the role of the buyer
- Playing the role of the supplier
- Playing the role of the evaluator
- Supplier strong points
- Buyer strong points
- Being aware of supplier hidden tactics and tricks